Fetcham U3A website is www.fetchamu3a.org.uk.
What personal information do we collect?
When you express an interest in becoming a member of Fetcham U3A you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Emergency Contact
- Gift Aid entitlement
- Subscription preferences
How do we collect this personal information?
All the information collected is obtained directly from you. This is usually at the point of your initial registration. The information will be collected via membership forms. The lawful basis for collecting and storing your information is due to the Legitimate Interest that Fetcham U3A has in communicating with you as a member. In order to inform you about the groups, activities and events that you can access as a member we need to store and process a certain amount of personal data.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- To provide our U3A activities and services to you
- For administration, planning and management of our U3A
- To communicate with you about your group activities
- To monitor, develop and improve the provision of our U3A activity
- For delivery of the Trust publication – Third Age Matters
- For delivery of Fetcham U3A Newsletters
- For delivery of Fetcham U3A Newsflashes
We’ll send you messages by email, post, other digital methods and telephone to advise you of U3A activities.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information
- Internally – to committee members and group conveners – as required to facilitate your participation in U3A activities;
- Externally – for the following purposes:
- Direct mailing for the Trust magazine – Third Age Matters. The magazine is distributed by a third-party processor and your Name and Address information is shared with the distribution company via a secure online portal. Should you not wish to receive the magazine please contact the Membership Secretary.
- Emailing periodical Newsflashes. Bulk emails are sent by a third-party processor to which very limited information is passed – Name and Email address. Should you not wish to receive email Newsflashes please contact the Membership Secretary or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in every newsflash.
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for legal and/or regulatory reasons. In this instance we will seek to obtain your consent. Information would be shared without consent where there were serious safety concerns and it was felt to be in your or the U3As best interests to disclose information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We need to keep your information so that we can provide our services to you. In most instances information about your membership will not be stored for longer than 12 months. The exceptions to this are instances where there may be financial, legal or insurance circumstances that require information to be held for longer whilst the issues are investigated or resolved. Where this is the case members will be informed as to how long the information will be held for and when it is deleted.
How your information can be updated or corrected
To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, members need to inform the U3A of any changes to their personal information. You can do this by contacting the Membership Secretary on 01372 453959 or email@example.com . On an annual basis you will have the opportunity to update your information, as required, via the membership renewal process. Should you wish to view the information that the U3A holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the membership secretary – as detailed above. There may be certain circumstances where we are not able to comply with this request. This would include where the information may contain references to other individuals or for legal, investigative or security reasons. Otherwise we will usually respond within one month of the request being made.
How do we store your personal information?
Fetcham U3A has in place a range of security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Security measures include use of cloud storage, firewalls, use of a password protected and encrypted database system. Your membership information is held securely and accessed only by Committee Members and Group Convenors – as appropriate.
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy is available from the Membership Secretary. This policy may change from time to time.
Members will be informed via Newsletter, Newsflash and the monthly meetings when any material changes are made to Fetcham U3As policies and procedures.
If you have any queries about this policy, need it in an alternative format, or have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us on 01372 453959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 03/10/2019